Age criteria for Donor Egg : Maximum age up to 50 years (wife) only.
1). Genetics problems like turuess – by birth where ovary stop producing eggs.
2). Disease destroys ovary like endometriosis cancer so ovary stop having eggs.
3). patients who go through premature menopausal where ovary stops producing eggs at early age.
4). Post menopausal women, who stopped having periods so they do not have any eggs left.
In order to conceive they should still have healthy uterus.
Sometimes couple option for donor embryo transfer when they choose donor egg and donor sperm (DET)
Procedure (time 1 month)
The recipients will be given medicines to develop the lining of uterus (priming)
By giving estrogen tablets from gyno ivf centre this may be for 1 month or even one year depending on the cause. If patients who are abroad can get locally or it can be sent by courier
The donor is chosen by doctor and both are synchronized to get periods on similar date. All the health screening will be completed at gyno IVF centre.
- The donor starts taking injections daily from day 2 or day 3 for stimulation of ovaries to produce eggs. She will have regular scan by Dr. Anitha to monitor the growth of the eggs.
- When It is ready (10 to 12 days) the eggs are collected using scan guided needle aspiration under GA (OR) By Dr Anitha/Dr. Mani.
- The eggs which are obtained are fertilized using husbands sperm in IVF lab by ivf or ICSI (DE) or with Donor Sperm (DET) as decided by Dr. Arun. (Embryologist)
- The Embryos are transferred back into uterine cavity (ET) on day 3 or day 5 which is a minor procedure (not painful) using a very small embryo transfer cannula under scan guidance By Dr. Anitha Mani/ Dr. Mani.
- The patients than taking supporting medicines/injections, (luteal support) so that the embryo will implant and growth. After 14 days pregnancy test will be done. Some prefer to stay in hospital during this period.
- If test is positive patient is given further luteal support and a planed antenatal care.
If the test is negative counseling by Dr. Mani/ Dr. Anita. to plan future management.
- If there are extra embryos which are frozen, frozen embryo transfer can done in subsequent cycles after priming. (FET)
Accommodation is provided for those who need in form of ward, rooms, luxury suites or villas.
Excellent food is provided from the canteen.
However rooms need early booking as it is subject to availability Tariff will be provided on request.
Donor Egg program in Gyno ivf Centre
Strict criteria for donor.
We maintain strict criteria for donors. We accept women less than 30 years. So that the eggs are of good quality and there is higher chances of IVF success.
Through healthy screening is is done to rule out any health problems including genetic disorders (familial disorders) complete medical check up is done. Blood, urine is screened for infections including HIV, HBsAG, VDRL, etc.
Ultra sound scanning (USS) is done to evaluate pelvis for any cyst and to check. Antral follicular count (AFC).
IN our hospital Gyni Ivf centre Dr. Anitha will choose donors only with good educational background graduation or post graduation with good character so that the next generation will be good.
Good renumaration is provided to the donor for their generosity. Color matching can be done from the large pool of donors that we have dark medium fair, very fair is available. Currently we do not have concessions, they are all keralites.
Height can also be matched short medium tall (maximum 5” to 6”)
Although you can choose characters the identity cannot be revealed to both donor and recipient for reason of confidentiality.
Donor egg program follows all legal precautions and consult is a part which is done very meticulous way.
Patient and her partners need to give written consult.
The chances of any abortianality would be same as in general population and hospital will not take any responsibility in such occurrences.
Our current success for Donor Egg/Donor embryo is 80%. However, the miscarriage rate in IVF due to many reasons are also high so you might require repeated cycles for successful full term pregnancies. In case of miscarriage.